Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, November 22, 2010

Let's get it started!

Today officially begins my new training schedule, starting out with a 3 mile run.  Here's what I had facing me:


I actually sat in the car for a minute, after dropping the kids off at school, and contemplated going in the house and using the treadmill for my run.  Then it occurred to me, this is what I'll be contending with for the next 5 months, so if I want to do any of my training runs outside, I might as well get accustomed to running in the snow and wind.  That part is a bit inconvenient, though I do find the snow and cool temperatures refreshing, I worry most about slipping and getting injured.  I decided to head over to the park, because even though the path was covered in several inches of snow, at least I didn't have any traffic to deal with as I ran headstrong into the blowing wind.  Later this week, sub-zero temperatures are headed our way ~ yippee!
Anyway, my run went well, and once I got going, it wasn't too bad to run with snow packed to the bottoms of my running shoes. ;)  When I got home, I did 35 minutes of Pilates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!