Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

One week out.

I had a talk with my local marathoner friend earlier this week.  She was telling me about how this fall, after running the Pocatello Marathon, she ran a 22 miler one week later, then two weeks after that, ran the St. George, UT Marathon, and had never felt better.  After mulling that over for a while, I decided to do a decent run this morning.  I woke up to pouring rain, but that didn't deter me, of course.  I did 9 miles.  I ran until about 4.5 miles, then I walked up a hill, then started running again.  My legs were feeling literally like Jell-O.  I was probably pushing it, but the rain helped distract me from the pain.  I was reminded of a point during the marathon last week when, around mile 20, I saw the words: "The Pain Is Temporary!  Run!"  Spray painted on the ground.

Anyway, I made it the 9 miles, with a little more walking around mile 8.  When I got home, I also did 35 minutes of Pilates, and I'm feeling a little better now that I'm out of my soaking wet clothes and shoes.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to keep at it! And I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Starting a new chapter post-first-marathon...I thought it called for a little blog make-over! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!