Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

5 mile run.

Today my schedule had me doing a 5 mile run.  I had originally planned to do a speed workout on the treadmill, but yesterday our PC got a virus or malware of some kind, and I'm still trying to fix it.  Without the computer working, I can't watch Hulu.com while I'm on the treadmill, and I wasn't about to do a 5 mile speed workout without something to distract and entertain me.  Anyway, the weather is decent enough that I was able to do my run outside.  It actually ended up being one of the best runs I've had in a while.  I felt good the whole time, my legs were strong, and I finished the 5.01 miles in just 54 minutes, which means I maintained a pace between 10 and 11 min/mile the whole time.  I can live with that, considering the roads are still icy and slick.  I had bought some simple Saucony track shoes with spikes in them for running in the winter, and I wore them today for the first time.  I have to say, the shoes were the only thing I didn't like about today's run.  They are too minimalistic for me, and the spikes didn't keep me from slipping any time I hit a slick spot.  I think I'll stick with my Asics and look for some of those winter spikes you can get that snap into the treads.  I wanted to do Pilates after my run today, but I need to work on fixing the other computer first.  Right now only our laptop is working, and it's got a dying power source or something and will spontaneously shut down while I'm using it.  Too bad we've become so dependant on electronics and technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!