Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, December 20, 2010

Keep moving.

This morning started out on a not-so-great foot...I woke up at 5:30am to my 4 year old throwing up...again.  What is this weird illness, the stomach flu with 3 or 4 day respites in between bouts?  At any rate, once he threw up, he seemed to feel better and has been fine since, but I figured since I was up I might as well make use of my time.  I did 45 minutes of Yoga before heading downstairs to make the kids lunches.  After I ran them over to the school and realized how cold and icy it was outside, I changed my plan from doing my run on the road.  Instead, I headed back to the treadmill, where I did a total of 80 minutes - that's two episodes of Lost; yeah, now I'm addicted.  ;)  Anyway, I broke up my time on the treadmill into a walking warm-up of 20 minutes, then increased my pace to a run for 40 minutes, then slowed back to a walk for another 20 minutes to cool down.  Even though my toe looks terrible, it doesn't actually hurt at all while I'm running.  I'm so grateful that it wasn't worse.  I have been drinking freshly juiced apples and carrots like crazy, and taking extra vitamins, hoping to speed healing.  Aside from a little soreness in my back from the new Yoga routine I've been doing the past couple of days, I'm feeling really good.....knock on wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!