Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lost!

Well, not me.  But I have found a new impetus for working out on the treadmill and the elliptical...Lost!  I finished the Biggest Loser season 10 and needed a new show to keep my interest.  Everyone and their brother had talked about what a good show Lost was, but I had never seen even 1 episode, so I decided that would be my new "thing".  I put all the seasons in my Netflix instant queue and started watching this morning.  I watched the first two episodes while I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and another 40 minutes walking on the treadmill.  I also did 30 minutes of Pilates before all of that.  My toe is now black, but the pain isn't as bad.  I have been icing it and resting it...mostly, so I decided I needed to do a workout today.  I haven't run since Tuesday, and it's really starting to get to me mentally.  I know that I'll be able to maintain my fitness doing other things, but I really just want to get outside and run.  I really don't want to sabotage myself or my training, though, so I'm going to take it slowly.  I have found a new training schedule that I am looking forward to starting, and since it's an 18 week plan and I have 21 weeks until the marathon, I can easily use the next 3 weeks to let my foot heal, and slowly work back into my long runs.  Don't expect me to lay low too long - I'm just not that patient.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Erik loved Lost. I have a feeling if I started to watch it I would be hooked too. I like to get on my bike trainer to Modern Family & The Office, or I will throw in a movie. I hope that foot feels better soon. It's awful when you get injured...hate it. We have had sickness in our house for the last month from strep to puking, so my runs have been few and far between. I'm so thankful for the classes I teach, or my workouts would be sparse. Hopefully we are at the tail end, and Christmas will be peaceful without the illness. Get well...HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!