Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cross Training Day.

Today when I took the kids to school and saw on the car thermometer that the temperature was 6 degrees, I was glad I didn't have to make the decision whether or not to run in it!  I warmed up with 10 minutes of Yoga, then like last week, I did an hour on the elliptical - half an hour going forward, half an hour going backward.  Then I did 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill while holding 5 pound hand weights.

I don't want to over do it and also need to spend some time resting my legs today, because tomorrow is my long run day and I will be going 18 miles.  I'm a little nervous, and really, really praying for decent weather.  I have to say that training for a Spring marathon is a lot different than training for a Fall one, but I'm trying to make the best of it and I am committed to doing all I can to be successful on May 21st.  And by successful I mean finishing, with a better time than my first marathon, which I don't think is too much to ask! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!