Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, March 24, 2011

13 miles...

Ahem....I'm hoping no one notices that I said 13 miles, instead of the 14 I posted yesterday that I would be doing.  As I said earlier, I had to switch my long run day to Thursday because of my husband's work schedule.  Then wouldn't you know it, he got called in to go to court today, on his day off, and I had to rearrange my run again so I could take over with Nicolas.  As soon as I dropped the older kids off at school, I headed out for my run.  I got in about 7 decent miles before heading back home to put Nick in the jogger and go to the park to finish the rest of my run.  My plan was to do another 7, but my legs just weren't cooperating today.  I started out feeling great.  I mean, I ran those first 7 no problem.  But by around mile 12 I was really feeling it - my legs were just out of power.  I had fueled on an energy bar and electrolyte drink, but I just couldn't find it in me to do that last mile, especially trying to push 50 pounds worth of kid and jogging stroller, so I headed home and took an ice bath.  Normally I would feel like it was a failed run because I didn't do exactly what was on my schedule, but today I am taking into account that my recovery from my last long run was too short, and 13 miles is still a great, long run!  So, today I'm cutting myself some slack.

1 comment:

  1. I call it good! 13 is still excellent, considering you're pushing a stroller ... I give it a +5 miles. But maybe that's just me!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!