Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Long run recovery workout.

So far I can already tell that my recovery from yesterday's long run is going better than it did after my 20 miler, and I think I can attribute that to doing the ice bath (thank you, Becca)! :)  Don't get me wrong, I am sore, but it's tolerable.  When I woke up this morning, after getting a good 8 hours sleep, I felt stiff, especially my hamstrings and quads.  I knew that I would feel better if I got moving, so I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, followed by 45 minutes of walking on the treadmill.  Tomorrow is a full rest day, for which my muscles will surely be thanking me.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. YAY for ice baths! It does feel better, I made that mistake last week. I'm excited for my first 20 miles on Monday. Any thoughts about which marathon you're doing next?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!