Looking for something? Try here...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday ~ day of rest!

I feel so good today, especially considering I ran 20 miles just 2 days ago.  In the past I have always been much more sore after runs that long.  Yesterday I did 45 minutes of Pilates in the morning, and after keeping busy running the kids around to their activities, going grocery shopping and various other errands, my husband and I went for a walk/run at the park with the kids.  We did about 3 miles, and he actually ran a little more than I did because I was just too beat up to do too much running.  I also realized why I always run in the mornings: me and afternoon/evening running don't mix, unless I'm channeling super-human powers on any given day.  I felt yucky the whole time, with heavy legs, poor respiration, a bit of a headache and even a little heartburn.  It did feel good to get out and get some fresh air and movement the day after my long run, but I'm also enjoying my day of rest today.

After church this morning, I found I had a new email from my running friend/mentor asking me how my training is going and if I have a goal time for Ogden.  As I was writing him back, I curiously pondered where I'm at in comparison with where I was at at this point in my training for my first marathon.  Luckily, all I have to do to find that out is go back in the analogs of this here blog!  I was actually a little surprised to find that I'm not all that much improved from 6 or 7 months ago, at least not "speed" wise.  I had to remind myself that for the majority of my training this time around I had all that annoying hip/leg pain and that I also have had to do a lot of my training runs on the treadmill, which wasn't the case last time.  All in all, I do feel good about where things are at now.  I am optimistic about running Ogden, and no matter what my time, I can always feel good about knowing I put in my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!