Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, May 2, 2011

5 mile Monday.

This morning I woke up early again, so I did 45 minutes of Pilates before taking the kids to school then heading out for my run.  I did 5 miles, and felt great the whole time.  It did help that the sun was shining, cold as it was, it felt so great.  I did my 5 miles in 55 minutes, then came  home and did 10 minutes of Yoga stretches.  Although I am on my taper for the next 3 weeks, the thought came to me while running this morning that this is no time for me to take my foot off the gas.  I plan to also closely monitor my diet during this time.  I haven't been doing so great in that area lately, as it usually happens when the mileage increases and my appetite increases.  I have a tendency to eat too much crap, and the past few days I've been revamping and making changes, including cutting out processed sugars and empty carbs and sticking with as many fruits, veggies and whole wheat and grains as I can.  I'm already feeling better in that sense, even after only a few days of being more strict with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!