Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, June 11, 2011

10 mile long run.

To my shock and amazement the weather actually cooperated with my plans for a run this morning, yippee!  I woke up around 6:30 and was on the road by 6:45.  It was all in all an uneventful run.  I ran the whole thing, minus about 1/4 mile of walking up a huge hill around mile 7, finishing the 10 miles in 1 hour and 50 minutes.  Not breaking any speed records here, but feeling pretty good.

I have had a new "problem" with one of my feet.  A few weeks ago I noticed a bulging lump on the top of my ankle, right around where the top of the tongue of the shoe hits.  It doesn't hurt to touch it, but I've been watching it and it has gotten a little bigger.  Last night my foot was bothering me, not super painful, but annoying, with the pain starting in the area of the lump and going down the top of my foot to my big toe.  Today was the first time on a run it started to hurt and made running a little harder, but I'm icing it now.  I'm thinking along the lines of a ganglion cyst or something like that, but if it keeps bugging me, I may have to go to a doctor and have it checked...ugh.  I hate doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!