Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Speed-Work".

This morning I did 4.5 miles worth of speed-work.  I kind of got a late start, I was feeling tired and sore when I woke up this morning so I slept in a little bit and didn't get outside for my run until 8:30.  It's warm out there and it feels so good.  I wasn't able to go into town to use the track at the school, so I just went to the park to use the path there.  My schedule said to do 7 X 800m repeats (1/2 mile repeats with rest intervals), but since the track at the park is 5/8 of a mile, I had to improvise a little bit.  I did have my Garmin on, but I just started the timer/gps going as I walked there as a warm up, then I ran for a lap, walked for about 20-30 seconds then ran another lap, and repeated that for a total of 2.5 miles.  At that point, I was having some stomach cramping and my foot was hurting quite a bit so I decided to come home, where I did some stretching and laid on the floor for a few minutes before getting on the treadmill to do another 30 minutes worth of speed intervals totaling 2 more miles.

1 comment:

  1. How are you liking speed work? Can I just say that I HATE it! It's my least favorite workout day of the week. I do mine a little different...at the track I sprint for 1/4 mile, then jog 1/4 mile and so on until I hit 3 or 4 miles depending on the day. You guys are totally inspiring....love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!