Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

6 mile speed work out.

I don't know why, but on the days I have a speed work run scheduled, I have a harder time getting out the door.  It's probably my body's way of trying to avoid the pain it knows is coming!  This morning I walked to the park to warm up, then set my Garmin to beep at every 1/4 mile, starting with 1/4 mile of walking, then sprinting 1/4 mile and repeating 12 times for a total of 6 miles.  I have a lot of tightness in my hamstrings today and my foot (with the lump) was really bothering me, but I knew I needed to get the speed work in so I just sucked it up.  I was pleasantly surprised when I came home and downloaded my Garmin stats, after doing a 10 minute Pilates cool down.  On the portions of my run where I was "sprinting", I averaged 6-7 min/mile.  Granted, I only was doing that for 1/4 mile at a time, but hey, that's improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!