Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, July 11, 2011

Cross-training.

This week is an interesting one, as far as my training schedule goes.  I have my usual 3 days for cross-training, then my two speed training runs are both 3 miles, leading up to my long run of 18 miles on Saturday.  I'm really hoping that having short runs during the week will help me have a really good long run experience, because that's where I feel I need the most work.  So today, I started out my workout with level 1 of JM's 30 Day Shred.  That DVD always gets my heart rate up and the sweat dripping.  After that I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, followed by 45 minutes of walking on the treadmill while using ankle and hand weights.  I only used the hand weights for the first 15 minutes, but I did keep the ankle weights on for the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!