Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, July 25, 2011

Long, slow burn.

Today is a cross-training day.  I was sore and tired waking up this morning and it took me a little longer than usual to get out of bed, but once I was up and going I felt better.  I warmed up with 10 minutes of Pilates, then I did level 1 of 30 Day Shred.  After that I did 90 minutes on the elliptical, followed by 30 minutes of walking at an incline on the treadmill using hand weights.  Now my arms and legs are nice and shaky!

On another note, for a while now I've been trying to decide on something new to try on my head for runs during these warm, summer months - be it a new hat, visor or headband of some kind.  Normally my preference is a baseball style cap, but the two hats I have are not necessarily "performance" hats, so I sweat really bad in them and by the time I get home they are soaked.  I also have an Adidas visor that I wear occasionally, but it doesn't stay on very well because it's not adjustable and I find myself constantly having to fuss with it while running.  A couple of times I have tried just wearing a fabric headband, but those also don't stay on very well and I have to use bobby pins to keep it secured while I run, and neither of those things help with all the sweat dripping down my face.  So....after a little research, I finally decided on a Headsweats visor and it should be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday and I am really excited about it.  I ordered it from RunningWarehouse.com, check it out for great deals on running stuff, and free shipping!  Really, it's always a great pick-me-up to get something new for running. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!