Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The 4 miles that felt like 40.

This morning after we took all 4 kids to school, Chris and I headed out together to do an "easy" 4 miles.  He wanted to stick close to town so we could run by the park if he needed to use the bathroom there.  We basically zig-zagged our way around town, which made it seem like a really long run.  When we were at about 2.5 miles, Chris' knees were hurting, so he decided to head towards home while I continued on in an irregular route around side streets until I hit 4 miles.  It took me just under 42 minutes, so that's not too bad, pace-wise, but it was kind of a painful run.  When I got home I did 35 minutes of Pilates to work the kinks out of my legs.  I much prefer doing either a loop or an out and back run.  There's something about having a specific route and destination that propels you forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!