Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, August 22, 2011

It's Monday and back to school day!

This morning I sent my three older kids back for their first day of school.  I still can't believe I have 6th grader, let alone that my youngest will be starting Kindergarten tomorrow.  Now that the summer break is over, I'll be having to make some adjustments to my workout and running schedule.  Today wasn't affected too much, since it's just a cross-training day anyway.  After I got the kids off to school, I jumped on the elliptical for an hour, then did 15 minutes of walking at an incline and using hand weights on the treadmill.  After that I sat on the stability ball for 75 ab crunches and a bunch of reps of arm exercises using the 5 pound weights.  I am surprised to find that most of the soreness is gone from my legs.  That's a much better recovery from Saturday's 14 miler than my last long run, which is definitely a good thing.  There's not going to be a lot going on running-wise for me between now and September 3rd.  This week: 4, 8 and 10 milers, next week maybe a couple of 30 minute runs or something, we'll see.  I'm feeling good and I'd really like to keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!