Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The taper continues...

I made good on my word and slept very well last night.  This morning I did more of the same stuff I've been doing all week, including 45 minutes on the elliptical and then 45 minutes of walking on the treadmill.  I have been having some of those "phantom" pains in my body, particularly my legs, that you read about people having during their taper for a big race.  It's like your mind starts to focus in on all that could, should or will go sour since you're not burning the same furious amount of energy that you have been used to for the past how-ever-many months during the marathon training and you feel every twinge in every muscle and joint.  I'm working on taking time each day to just visualize what the morning of the race will be like, trying to feel how I want to feel during the experience.  I said to my husband yesterday that I'm feeling really good and I think I could potentially have my best race experience yet, but even if I don't break 5 hours or whatever other goals I have, I just plan to enjoy myself and have fun.  That's all that matters for a middle-of-the packer (sometimes back-of-the-packer) like me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!