Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rainy day workout.

After yesterday's hike I ended up with a terrible headache that also led to some nausea.  I got a good night's sleep and I feel much better this morning, but I didn't want to push it and do the (long) run I had planned for this morning  Besides...it's raining anyway (I know some of you LOVE to run in the rain, so don't judge...☺).  So, I opted to just stay in and workout at home.  I started out doing 45 minutes of Pilates and followed that with 30 minutes on the elliptical.  Then I got on the treadmill and did a 40 minute interval run.  It wasn't a speed interval run, just switching up the speeds and maxing out on the "easy" side, for me.

Today I am alone at home, with Chris at work and all of the kids at school.  The kids are off from school on Thursday and Friday of this week so we're going to be heading out for one last camping trip of the year.  I have a lot of things to do to get ready, which includes going into town shopping.  It seems such a waste of the sweet quiet I have in the house right now, but it's got to get done.  Tomorrow I will have Nicolas at home, but hopefully I will still be able to take him in the stroller to the park (or I may end up on the treadmill again) and I can get in one last run for the week.  I won't be doing any running while we're on our trip.  We're camping for 4 days right smack dab in the middle of bear country during a high bear activity period.  I think I'll stick close to our campsite! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!