Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

3 miles and some other stuff.

This morning I started out on the elliptical for 30 minutes.  After that, I got on the treadmill and jogged for 20 minutes then did 3 miles of sprint intervals.  I know it's good for me to do sprints, but for sure it is the hardest workout for me by far.  I don't know why, I'm starting to think I have some kind of mental block about making my feet turn over faster.  I love doing long, slow runs.  I'd almost rather go out and do an 8 or 9 mile run than 3 miles of speed work.  It hurts, but it's a different kind of hurt.  Maybe it's because when I do the speed work, I'm hurting and out of breath.  Actually, I really think it's just a mental issue.  I'll just keep at it, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. When I started up running again, it was the opposite for me! Just let me sprint it and out and be. For some reason saying you want me to run for an hour was my mental block! Of course, all of that has changed now, so I know it will also get better for you! Maybe you need to have a special "treat" of some sort after your speed workouts to help you go into them more positively?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!