Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

3 miles and other stuff.

I completely forgot about blogging yesterday.  Until today, I've actually been taking a bit of a rest from running. I have an injury with one of my hamstrings.  I'm not sure how I did it exactly, and it's actually probably more of an overuse injury than anything.  It feels like a rubber band stretched to it's absolute limit from the left, back of my knee all the way up to the top of my glute.  I can't stretch it out and when I run, it feels like it could snap.  I've even been feeling painful spasms in that area when I'm not working out at all, so I have just been doing what I can.

Yesterday I spent an hour on the elliptical, then walked on the treadmill at a medium pace for another hour.  Today, I started out doing 10 minutes of Pilates to warm up, then I got on the elliptical and did a circuit: 5 minutes on the elliptical, then running up and down the stairs for about 2 minutes, 5 minutes on the elliptical then 2 minutes of step-ups using hand weights, 5 minutes on the elliptical then 50 sit-ups.  I repeated that whole sequence 2 times.  After that, I did attempt some running on the treadmill.  I kept it pretty easy, only going up to about 5mph.  I did that for almost 3 miles, then I walked for another 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!