Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, December 29, 2011

3+ miles...sprints.

I stayed up WAY too late last night watching The Office on Netflix with my husband.  We had gone out on a date earlier, going grocery shopping (yippee) and out to eat, and when we came home, after putting up said groceries and settling the munchkins in bed, we just got cozy in our jammies and cuddled in front of the TV, laughing non-stop until about 2:30am.  I paid for it dearly this morning when I got up around 7 and I attempted to work out and was feeling light-headed and nauseous while trying to run on the treadmill.  But...after a couple of hours, I persevered and overcame my mental and physical (temporary) limitations.  I did 20 minutes of intervals on the treadmill, then I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, mixed with strength training circuits, including sit-ups and step-ups for an additional 20 minutes.  Then it was back to the treadmill, because by that point I had passed the nauseous stage and was just sweaty and warmed-up.  I did 3 miles worth of sprints, then slowed the treadmill to a walking pace and did another 30 minutes.

I'm also excited that after all the Christmas hubbub was said and done, Chris and I did a budget meeting and with the aid of a little cash from Christmas gifts left over, we were able to order an exercise bike.  Granted, it's not an industrial quality one, but I did find it online for $165, which was $90 cheaper than the retail price and I think it will suit our needs for the time being.  It shipped yesterday and should be arriving early next week.  I love having something to look forward to, besides tax season. ;)  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!