Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

16 miles...on the treadmill.

I can feel the pulsing in my legs right now.  I just finished 3 hours and 20 minutes straight on the treadmill.  Last night as I contemplated how long, far and where I was going to go for my long run today, I heard the wind howling and things banging up against the side of the house.  I got on the National Weather Service website and saw that there was a severe storm advisory for our area, including wind gusts of up to 60mph.  Um, yeah.  Not sure how it would be to run in that, but I decided to see how it looked in the morning.  It was still windy, and since it had snowed/rained, the roads were like a skating rink.  Sooooo....yep, the treadmill it was.  My goal was to go for at least 3 hours, thinking that the equivalent run out on the road for me would equal approximately 16 miles and I figured that would make a good, long run.  I ended up going for 3 hours 20 minutes, because on the treadmill I have to slow my normal pace a little bit just to feel like I do when I'm running outside, plus I took a walking break every 5 minutes.  So, a good way to kick off the New Year.  And I do have some ideas for ways I plan to improve things in the coming year.  More on that later.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!