Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, January 2, 2012

It's a new year...

First workout of the new year.  Nothing super exciting.  I started out with a 10 minute Pilates warm up, that is after sleeping in until almost 9 this morning.  That is (almost) unheard of for me, but I guess my body was catching up on the hours of sleep I've been missing lately.  I've had three days in a row of going on 3-4 hours of sleep, so yeah, I guess I probably needed it.  No more of that, though.  The kids head back to school tomorrow and hopefully that will mean getting back to the schedule I'm used to going by.  Anyway, after my warm up, I got on the elliptical and did a circuit workout alternating 5 minutes at a time on the elliptical with miscellaneous other exercises: sit-ups, step-ups, punches using weights, etc.  I did that for a total of 1 hour, then I got on the treadmill and did a slow jog for 20 minutes.  I really just wanted to get my legs moving in the running motion because my quads and muscles around my knees have been feeling pretty sore since my run on Saturday.  Not a new story there.  One of my resolutions for the new year is to figure out a training schedule...it's been a long time coming, I suppose.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!