Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On the road again!

I am so excited to report that I actually went outside for a run today.  The weather has been so mild the past few days that the roads are clear, the winds are calm(ish) and the temperatures are hovering in the 40's, all of which equal perfect running conditions.  My husband wanted to run with me, since the kids are all back in school today.  Right now he is on night shift schedule, so even though he doesn't have to work tonight, he still needed to sleep in this morning to stay on the same sleeping schedule.  That meant we didn't head out for our run until around 10am, so after I took the kids to school, I did a pre-run workout.  I started out with 10 minutes of Pilates to warm up, then I did 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill.  Then we did a 4.5 mile run, with the sun on our sweaty faces ~ it felt great.  In fact, I was so inspired that I think I will plan to do another run on the road tomorrow.  Might as well get it in before Idaho realizes it's January... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, yeah, we hit 19 degrees today, tonight's going to be 5. I can't complain since it's our first winter type weather.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!