Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, December 23, 2011

It's a lifestyle thing...


Yet another day, trying to keep the kids busy while they count the minutes until Sunday morning...

I did a treadmill walking workout this morning, a lengthy one at that.  I am reading another good book and I've found that it's very fulfilling to accomplish two things at once: exercising my mind and body.  So I spent a good 2 hours (8 miles) walking while I read.  After that, we ate lunch then bundled up the kids and headed out to a forest service road behind our house about a mile drive up a hill.  There we found a place for the kids to sled, Chris built a little campfire, and I spent some time hiking up and down the hills.  It actually felt like a pretty good workout in and of itself, and totally worth the view at the top!

Tomorrow, seeing as how it's Christmas Eve, I thought I'd celebrate by doing a long run in the morning before spending the rest of the day with the family.  My plan is to have my husband drop me off at the top of Buckskin Rd. (where the Pocatello Marathon route begins), then I will run back home which would give me a good 13+ miles.  I think I'm going to have to break out my YakTrax for the run, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!