Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mixed workouts.

Yesterday morning I had just enough time to squeeze in a 45 minute session on the elliptical before heading out for the day.  When we came home in the late afternoon, I did 30 more minutes on the elliptical followed by 25 minutes on the bike.

Today is our "free" day.  My husband has the day off from work and all four kids are in school, so we went up to the gym for our workout.  We considered trying to run on the road, but of course we had more snow and ice to contend with so we decided against it.

Once at the gym, we started out doing 35 minutes of strength training.  I'm lucky because my husband has experience with the weight machines, since he was a wrestler and football player in high school, so he has been "tutoring" me on all of the equipment and teaching me how many reps, etc. to do to get my desired effect.  I don't want any bulk, but I wouldn't mind being stronger for running.  After the weights, we moved on to cardio.  We both did 30 hard minutes on bikes (going 22 mph), then while he got on a treadmill for a while, I did 20 minutes on the StairMaster.  After that, we went in to the basketball gym and played one-on-one for over 30 minutes.  Now that will burn some calories, and it was way fun!

Now I'm home, and I have a bit of time before the kids come home, so I'm going to walk on the treadmill while I do laundry and catch up on this week's episode of the Biggest Loser. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!