Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, March 8, 2012

20 miles...it finally happened!!


I'm so excited to report we were finally able to get outside for a long run!  I have to say, I was a little nervous when I woke up this morning and realized my body was none too happy with me for putting it through that killer workout yesterday, and about to put it through 20 miles of suffering.  Once I got moving, though, I knew I just needed to push through the pain. ;)  I took some Motrin, too...that helped.

I was so impressed with how well my husband did, considering his longest run prior to today was 18 miles, and that was a few weeks ago.  He was strong well into the double digits, and really didn't start to fatigue terribly until about mile 16 or so.  After that it was a bit of a struggle, but he kept going and we finished in good time.

After we got home and had chocolate-peanut butter smoothies to refuel, we went in to the gym where we swam a little to loosen up and sat in the hot tub.  Then we went and had a "lunch" of Mexican food.  It was like a day-long date! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that sounds like an amazing day! Totally my kind of date! Congrats to both of you on your 20 miler.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!