Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, March 10, 2012

5 miles and strength circuit.

I have been very surprised at how sore and achy I've been for the past few days.  I honestly don't think it's from my 20 miler, either.  I'm pretty sure it's due to the that killer spin/kickboxing class on Wednesday that literally kicked my butt!  I'm sore in some very unusual places, so I know it's from doing new exercises.  My lower back has been very, very stiff and sore.  I could barely sleep last night, even after doing Pilates in the morning and in the evening, hoping to loosen things up.  Other than the Pilates, the only other working out I did yesterday involved being on my feet all day, going to cub scout meetings, Activity Days, taking the kids to swim, then going to the park where I walked laps while the kids played on the playground.  Even though all I felt like doing was laying down and taking a nap, I knew if I kept my body moving, I'd be better off.

This morning I again woke up feeling sore, but after eating some breakfast, I jumped on the treadmill and started walking.  Once I got past the initial pain I was feeling in my back and hamstrings particularly, I picked the speed up to a jog.  After doing an "easy" jog for about 30 minutes, I turned my workout into a circuit, getting off the treadmill every 5-10 minutes to do sit-ups and lunges, punches, kicks and lifts using hand weights.  Then I'd get back on the 'mill to run a little more, until I'd done over an hour a half.  Now I think I'll go rub some Icy Hot on my back and then head outside to enjoy the sunshine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!