Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

At-home cardio workout.

This morning I started my workout with some simple Pilates, for warm up and stretching.  Then I got on the exercise bike and pedaled away while I watched Dancing with the Stars from Monday night.  I tried to keep my heart rate up around 115-125, which is a "fat burning zone" for me.  At regular intervals I got off the bike and did sit-ups and plank holds for 1-2 minutes.  I also used my 5 pound hand weights to do bicep and triceps curls while riding.  I did that for a total of about 1 hour and 40 minutes.

My husband and I are all "geared up" for a big 22+ miler tomorrow.  The weather is supposed to be perfect - no wind, mid-60's for a high, sunny.  On the surface, I am excited about our run.  I've been looking forward to it, actually.  But for some reason I've been in sort of a funk all day.  I woke up with a headache this morning and feeling some new hip pain, and even though my head was feeling better by about noon, I remained in a grumpy, irritable state the rest of the day.  I was snappy with my kids after school, sent them to bed by 8pm, and not without some yelling.  I was super hungry all day, but nothing sounded that appealing to me so my diet today consisted mostly of a variety of cold cereals with vanilla soy milk, butter toffee peanuts, and Tostitos Chips.  I did fix an egg and ham "Thinwhich" for lunch, but that was the extent of my cooking today.  Of course, I've considered the obvious cause that it is hormonal issues, but it's not really likely, timing you know.  Anyway, I'm not sure what the deal is, but I hope I can sleep it off tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling off. Do you think it's a symptom of over-training? It kind of sounds like it. Good luck on your run today! I was dreaming of the Pocatello Marathon all night!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!