Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday's Warrior. :)


Today's was kind of an unexpected surprise.  I knew I wanted to do a long walk, since I've had a tough week of good workouts, logging about 25 miles of running, 13 of which I did on Tuesday (constituting my "long run" of the week).  I actually woke up this morning feeling a tad bit of over-training setting it, probably due to all the "new" exercises and weight training I've been instituting into my workout routine.  So I got on the treadmill this morning and started walking.  It's a gloomy day outside, Chris was at work and the kids and I didn't have anything we had to do today.  It was a kids-stay-in-their-jammies-all-day kind of a day.

I set my pace to 3.6 mph initially, but as time progressed, I vacillated up to 4.0.  After 90 minutes, I stopped to have a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, then, since the kids were all playing nicely and entertaining themselves, I thought, "What the heck.  I'll just keep going."  At some point, I made the mental decision that I wasn't going to stop until I'd reached 4 hours, just because I had an urge to fill the void of a long run, but didn't want to put my legs through the trauma of running for that long.  After all, sometimes it's all about time on your feet, right?  Then after passing the 4 hour mark, I just decided, in honor of my marathon PR, I'd just go until I'd walked for 5 hours and 12 minutes.  So, as you can see in the above picture, I walked 19.2 miles on the treadmill today.  My treadmill readout only goes up to 100 minutes, then it resets, so go ahead and mentally put a 3 in front of the 12:02, and a 1 in front of the "calories burned" (far left number), because that's actually where I was when I finished.  It actually feels really good to know that I can still handle that kind of time on my feet and even felt like I could definitely have kept going, although I do have a couple of blisters.

And lest some of you think I was a completely negligent mother today, I did also stop at lunchtime, just long enough to fix everyone something to eat, including a veggie and turkey sandwich for myself.☺

1 comment:

  1. 19 miles in 5 hours walking? I think you're def going to beat you marathon time!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!