Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's hard to believe I ran that far yesterday.

Yesterday's run has made my invincibility quotient move up a couple of notches, at least in my mind.  I won't say I'm not sore at all, but my recovery has been amazing compared with the other times I've run that distance.  I was even more than able to get up this morning and head to the gym for a (heck-of-a) spin class and an hour of weight lifting.  Who knows, maybe it will catch up with me in a day or two.  In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy the fact that I (basically) ran a marathon yesterday and today has been just like any other day.  That means my fitness level is improving, and in the words of Martha Stewart, "That's a good thing!"

My friend, Lindsay over at A Fit Family wrote about the improvement she's noticed in her swimming ability as she trains for her first triathlon, which got me thinking...

Question: How do you gauge your fitness gains?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!