Looking for something? Try here...

Sunday, April 15, 2012

We did the double spin, then drove off into the mountains!

Well, we did it, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated!  Yesterday morning Chris and I got up early, made a big breakfast of french toast and sausage for him and the kids, (I had my usual steel-cut oats with blueberries).  Then we went to the gym and had a double dose of spinning class.  It was pretty fun, though we had two instructors that we haven't had before and we both felt they were a little less intense than our favorite, not to mention their music selection wasn't quite on par.  I mean, I felt like I was in an 80's power hour or something.  The good thing about spinning is that you get out of it what you put in, so you can make it as hard or as easy as you want.  We like to make it hard, 'cause we REALLY like to sweat...a lot.  Ha.  I wore my heart rate monitor for the two hours worth of spinning, and according to that, I burned a whopping 1400+ calories!  That's a lot for someone my size, so I must have been putting in the work.

As we were driving home, it was sunny and 60 degrees - just a beautiful day.  I said to Chris, "Let's just pack up and go to Jackson Hole for a night."  You see, we live a short 2-3 hours from Jackson, WY and Grand Teton National Park, and in the almost 8 years that we've lived here, it has become one of our most favorite places to visit.  I really think it's one of the most gorgeous places on earth.  I would love to live there in a nice, big rustic log home with oodles of windows to see and enjoy all the wildlife and the beautiful landscape.  Unfortunately, it costs an arm and a leg to live there, so as of right now it remains a pipe dream.  At least we can go there and enjoy it a day or two at a time.

While we were there, Chris started receiving calls from work that he was needed for an investigation into an officer-involved shooting that happened last night, so as much as we would've liked to stay longer, we had to get back after basically just a 24-hour respite.  Besides, the kids have school tomorrow anyway.  Gosh.  What's with life, schedules and responsibilities?  I think I'm getting a bit antsy for summer vacation...
My three boys, with the Snake River in the background.

Me standing at a scenic overlook, the Tetons looming in the distance.

Willows in the spring.

A momma moose and her yearling eating willows on Moose-Wilson Rd.

I thought this was a cool picture of my Sam watching the moose pictured above from the car. :)

On our way home, we stopped to play and skip some rocks in the river.

Mount Moran.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! And what is it with you guys and wildlife? You really do see more than anyone I know!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!