Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, May 14, 2012

7.25 miles on the treadmill.

I can already tell this is going to be an interesting week.  The week before a marathon I always over-think things.  I don't know why I do this, since I am aware that I'm doing it I should just stop it.  I try to think of it as just another training week with a long run at the end, especially since I know that the marathon will not be a problem.  I'm not necessarily running for time, but just to enjoy the experience with my husband.  Part of me wants to "baby" my body all week and take things easy, but the rest of me still craves a good workout.

This morning I took my time getting around to my exercise, but then I went a bit long.  I started out on the treadmill with the intention of walking/running for a while.  I ended up going about 7.25 miles, and I threw in some sets of burpees at every commercial break of the show I was watching.

The other thing I over-think the week leading up to a race is my diet.  I know it's not a good idea to change anything at this point.  No need to freak my body out with some weird food or changes, but I want to make sure I'm eating enough carbs and protein all week without overdoing it.  Balance.

Anyone out there have any pre-race rituals or superstitions?

1 comment:

  1. I say enjoy your taper! :) Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!