Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How I celebrate my birthday.


Today is my birthday, and it also my husband's day off and our usual day "alone" when we would normally go to spinning and then run errands and things like that.  Today, we decided to go to our gym's alternate location, which is an adult's only facility.  There are no classes at this location, and the atmosphere is a bit more laid back than the main gym, but they have a little pool/hot tub/sauna/menthol/steam room area that has a nice, relaxing ambiance.  We started out doing about 30 minutes of weights, then my husband (who is still sick and coughing like a madman) went to the pool area, while I did an hour and 15 minutes of cardio on my own.  I started with 30 minutes on the StairMaster, then 20 minutes on a rowing machine and finally 20 minutes on an elliptical.  Then I joined my husband in the hot tub for a bit before we headed to lunch, and of course, running a bunch of other errands.

Yes, I enjoyed all the cheesy goodness of these chicken enchiladas, at least until I got full and my husband helped me out. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! I'm glad you had a fun day w/ your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day with your hubbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to get to spend time alone with Chris! I'm already making my birthday plans--unfortunately they involve taking Audrey to the orthodontist all morning. :(

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!