Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, August 3, 2012

It's our anniversary...let's celebrate with spin! :)


Today my husband and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.  We got lucky with Chris' work schedule, as today was his scheduled day off.  So we pretty much spent the entire day just doing things together.  We began by going to the gym.  While Chris lifted weights, I spent 20 minutes on an elliptical, then did a few weights of my own for another 20 minutes.  Then we both were spinning our hearts out at a midday class with our favorite instructor - a great way to spend a couple of hours, and also burn the calories we knew we would be consuming later.  :)

After our time at the gym, we came home, showered and got ready to spend an evening out.  I fixed the kids dinner and got a few things done around the house, then we went to Texas Roadhouse for some delicious ribs and the softest, sweetest, whitest dinner rolls ever, mmmmmm....carb loading for my long run tomorrow?!  Hahaha!

Okay, well maybe it's too late to carb load for a run tomorrow morning, but it was still really good and worth the splurge.  After dinner, we went to an arcade and played all the games that we always watch our kids play when we take them there!  It was pretty fun, actually.  (As you can tell, there really isn't a lot to do in Pocatello.) On our way home we stopped to get some ice cream to take home to the little monkeys, and Chris wanted me to pick out some flowers.  He was leaning in the direction of some simple, classic red or pink roses.  I, on the other hand, was drawn to these wildly, artificially colored daisies!  They remind me of something out of a Dr. Seuss book and I LOVE them! :)


Now we're going to end our day-long date by watching a DVD from Netflix about a guy who ran the equivalent of a marathon a day all the way across Canada with an artificial leg (Into the Wind) before passing away from cancer.  Hopefully it will inspire me to forge ahead tomorrow morning with another loonnngggg run.  I'm excited to try out some new fuel items...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!