Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Oh, sweet cherries.

Today has been more or less a repeat of Tuesday; I started out early with a 6am spinning class, followed with 20 minutes on a treadmill, 45 minutes of strength training in the weight room and finally a second spin class.  Muscle group focus for today: triceps, shoulders and back.

Then, since I needed to do our main grocery shopping trip for the week, I did shower and change my clothes before going to Wal-Mart...hehehe!

One of my favorite finds for the day were these beautiful sweet cherries.  Having grown up mostly in Michigan where cherries abound, I have lots of memories of cherry picking and eating.  I don't remember loving them as much as I do now, though.  Did you know that cherries are full of antioxidants, reduce inflammation in the body, act as a natural painkiller and can even help you sleep because they contain natural melatonin?  Sounds like a perfect post-workout snack to me!


2 comments:

  1. We must be on the same page, because I bought cherries at Walmart this week too!
    They are pretty good, but I have never ate this kind of cherries before and I was surprised to find a seed in the middle...I'm thinking you don't eat the seed right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Yeah, no I wouldn't recommend eating the cherry pits. Although, my son did accidentally swallow one today and he was quite concerned about what was going to happen next...;)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!