Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yesterday Spin and weights, today RUN!

I had a fun workout day yesterday.  I did my usual 8:30 spinning class, after doing about 20 minutes of heavy lifting in the weight room.  Then I went to Muscle Fusion class, where I spent an hour doing lots of reps of squats, lunges, dead lifts, cleans and presses, bicep curls, rows and various versions of ab crunches.  I decided to increase my weight from last week, which seemed like a good idea at the time.  Today when I woke up with sore...well, everything...I had to question that decision!  Haha!  Not really, you all know I love to be sore because it means my body is changing. :)

(Clean and press.)

So today my plan was to do some running.  When I first started to move around after getting out of bed, I really wasn't sure how far I'd feel like going because my calves and glutes were especially sore.  But the weather was so perfect for running - clear, sunny skies, cool temperatures - I knew I just needed to get out there and start running and I would feel better.  Once I got going, I decided to do a 9 mile loop.  After the first couple of miles, I even started to feel so much better that I began watching my pace and made a goal to keep it as close to 10:30 min./mile as I could for the duration of the run.  When I finished the 9.2 miles, my average pace was 10:26 - not too bad.  It actually felt like I was working harder and going faster than that, but I'm guessing that with my muscles being in recovery mode, they were probably working harder just to keep that pace.  It's all good, though.  I was enjoying an endorphin overflow the rest of the day.  That's what running does for you.  But you all know that, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!