Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A short hike, time at the "spa", drive through the woods and a clean picnic.

Today Chris and I enjoyed another fun day together.  Once the kids were at school, we set off on a hike to the same area we hiked last week, with hopes of catching a glimpse of the moose.  It was super cold and windy (about 30 degrees), and we only ended up going about 4 miles.  We did see a moose within the first mile, and we also so lots of deer and of course some gorgeous views.



After our hike, we went to our gym's alternate location, which is an adults-only facility.  It's a lot smaller than the regular gym, but it has a nice hot tub/pool area that includes a steam room, eucalyptus room and a sauna.  When we got there, I did about 10 minutes on a stair master to get my heart pumping, then I did about 25 minutes of strength training, including shoulder press, lat-pulls, lat-rows and leg press.  When I finished with my training, I met Chris in the swimming area where we spent some time soaking in the hot tub and sauna.  Aahhh. :)


 When we were done at the gym, we took a short drive up into the mountains and shared a picnic lunch that I had packed in our cooler, then drove some more on a dirt road way out in the middle of nowhere.  It was so pretty, peaceful and serene out there, it was a perfect mid-week respite before an extreme workout day that we have planned for tomorrow...

1 comment:

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!