Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Quick check-in.

Yesterday I got to go to the gym with my husband.  My strength training workout included doing shoulders and abs and I was able to most of the exercises on my own.  Since Chris was there, he helped me with my weighted planks (putting the 25 lb. weight on my back), and Misty was also there doing her own workout and she gave me a little help with my dumbbell reverse flys, because apparently my form on those still needs some work.
Dumbbell Reverse Fly

It took me about an hour to finish with weights, then I headed up to a treadmill to do my interval run.  Frankly, my run didn't go quite as well as I would have hoped.  My legs were still feeling super sore from Monday's leg workout, and my body was feeling completely drained from doing weights.  I walked/jogged for about 15 minutes to warm up, then started in with some sprints.  I took the pace up to a sprint (7.5 mph, not as fast as last week) and held it there for 1 minute, then slowed to my comfortable pace (6 mph) and stayed there for 2 minutes, then slowed to a fast walk (3.7 mph) for 2 minutes, then sprinted again and repeat, until I had gone about 4.2 miles in just under 45 minutes.  By the time I finished with that, I felt wiped out.

This morning I have to do biceps and back - oh, yeah, I get to give pull-ups yet another try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!