Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Workouts and a holiday party.


The last couple of days have gone by so fast.  On Tuesday I had a great workout, including about an hour and 20 minutes of strength training, focusing on shoulders and core.  Then I did an interval run, which took me about 50 minutes.  My interval (speed training) run is every Tuesday, and it's a tough one because I do leg work on Mondays and I'm always sore and tired in my legs by the time I need to do my run.

Yesterday was my day for working back and biceps.  This has become one of my favorite workouts.  It's very challenging, but each week I can feel improvement.  I did my four sets (of 10) pull-ups using the standard pull-up bar with a wide gripe at the beginning of my workout, with a little help from my spotter Chris.  I use my feet to dig into him a little to help pull myself up.  One of these days I'll be able to do one on my own!  At the end of my workout, I went back to pull-ups, this time using the assist machine, just to get a little more practice.  I did another set of 10, using my own body weight as a help.  After I finished with all of that, I did my cardio.  I chose to do 30 minutes on a stair machine.

Last night we also had Chris' work Christmas party.  It was great.  It was a nice dinner at a theater with a show (Miracle on 34th Street) afterwards.  I didn't have much trouble keeping the indulgences to a minimum.  They served salad, prime rib, baked potato and carrots with a pumpkin spice roll for dessert.  I ate my salad - minus the croutons and most of the dressing, split my piece of prime rib with someone else, ate all of my carrots but didn't touch the potato, and took one little bite of the dessert - just to see if I was missing anything (I wasn't).  In fact, I felt so good about how well I did, that when we left the party, we extended our date night just a bit and made a stop for Fro-Yo where I had a cup of sugar-free raspberry and chocolate with a bit of nuts.

Today Chris and I will be heading to the gym together to do another leg workout followed by Muscle Fusion X class.  If we have any energy left, we might try and get a little more Christmas shopping done.  I can't believe it's the middle of December already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!