Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, December 14, 2012

Legs, MFX and salmon for dinner.

Yesterday was a typical Thursday - a killer leg workout for over an hour followed by Muscle Fusion X.  It was great to see Misty in prime form as she taught the class and made us squat and squat-jump the crap out of our legs!  That class is so awesome and great for improving so many things, athletically speaking: agility, speed, endurance, mental toughness.  After class I overheard my husband tell Misty, "It never gets any easier, does it?"  And of course she said, "It's not supposed to!"

Today I will be heading to the gym for a spin class, after I finish with cub scout stuff this morning.  After I spin, I will do my strength training for the day, which includes chest, shoulders and triceps.  I don't really like having to do my weights after a hard cardio session, but that's the way it has to be on Fridays I guess.

Last night I made salmon, potatoes (sweet and white) and broccoli for dinner.  It was so pretty, I took a quick picture of it before putting it in the oven:


I just used a little olive oil, sea salt and cayenne pepper on everything, then put it in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes.  (If you like your potatoes and veggies more well-done and crisp, put them in first for an additional 10-15 minutes, then add the salmon to the tray and cook for another 10-15 minutes.)

I baked both kinds of potatoes because my husband eats the white ones, while I eat sweet potatoes.  Don't get me wrong, I love all kinds of potatoes, but the sweet potatoes are higher in vitamins and minerals and are a great source of carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!