Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Look at me, I'm on a roll!

Wow!  Four days in a row of blogging?!  See what happens when the kids are in school, the hubby is at work and I get my workout in by early afternoon?  Aahhh.  I so enjoy a couple of peaceful hours in the afternoon before the kids get home.  Alas, today is my kids "Friday", since they are on a 4-day school week, so the peace ends today at 4:15pm and won't return until Monday morning around 8am. :)

Today was leg work day #2 for the week.  I started out with a 5 minute running warm up on a treadmill, then I did 4 sets of walking lunges with 15# weights in a super-set with lying hamstring curls.  After that, lateral lunges, also using 15# weights, super-setted with glute kickbacks.  My final set is on the Multi-hip machine and works the inner and outer thigh/hip area.  When I finished with all of that, I still had about 20 minutes before I needed to get ready for Muscle Fusion X class, so I did 3 sets each of hanging knee raises and side/lateral ab extensions, like this...(only I held a 25# weight while I did them).


Muscle Fusion X did not disappoint - another awesome HIIT workout (high intensity interval training).  The class was full and the energy was high.  When I left the gym, the snow was coming down fiercely and the roads were crap, but I got home safely.  It's pretty to look at from inside the warm house!




1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about how hard it is to find time when the kids are home to sit down and blog or just think! I finally caught up on reading your blogs for the week and WOW! You are kicking butt! You will definetly PR this year at your marathons because you are in such great shape. I can't wait for some decent weather so we can get outside and run.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!