Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 78.

Spring time in Idaho + Running = Sucking A LOT of wind!  Today was a short run, 2 miles.  We were out of town visiting family over the weekend, and I was feeling a little "off" from eating too much, and riding in the car for long periods without being able to stretch out.  I was worried that would make for a poor run this morning, but I actually felt pretty good.  I warmed up with 10 minutes of Pilates before heading outside, then I walked about a 1/2 a mile before starting my run.  Even though the wind was blowing straight into me most of the way and it seemed like I was running in place at points when the wind was so strong, I managed to do the 2 miles in just under 20 minutes.  I can deal with that for today.  Another "first" running experience: when I got home from my run I went to unclasp my mp3 player from my jacket, and as I looked down, a big white spot on my leg caught my eye...somehow a bird had pooped on my thigh!  I can't figure out how it landed there, but nice nonetheless. ;)
After getting that cleaned up, I did workout 3 of JM 30 Day Shred, and also 30 minute Yoga Meltdown.  This week's long run (Thursday) will be 5 miles, and I'm looking forward to it because I'm going to try a new route.  Now let's all please think warm, springy, sunshiny thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!