Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 79.

Today's run was not one of my favorites so far.  Again, the wind is blowing like mad.  I actually read in the paper this morning that yesterday there were gusts recorded at up to 72 mph, and today the National Weather Service has predicted at least 45 mph gusts.  I have no doubt that it was that strong.  There were points in my run this morning where I actually think I may have been blown backwards!  Anyway, I've also been fighting a head cold for a few days, and I'm sure that doesn't help.  I started out with 10 minutes of Pilates, then walked just long enough for my GPS to pick up satellite reception before breaking into a run.  I really felt like I was forcing it.  My legs were tired, sore and stiff.  There were a couple of times about half way, around mile 2 I guess, when I really, really wanted to stop running and just walk, but I toughed it out.  I have this mental thing about running at least the full daily mileage that my training schedule dictates. I feel like if I walk any part when I'm supposed to be running, that I'm failing.  I know this is silly, but I just need to know that I'm doing exactly (or more) than I'm supposed to so I will deserve any of the benefits I reap from my successes.  So, I ran for 3.5 miles, then slowed to a walk to cool down for the last 1/4 mile back to my house.  When I got home I felt really tired, but I did 30 minutes of Yoga, which I think is a great way to stretch and strengthen at the same time.  I know that not every run can be a great one, there will always be those days when it takes more mental and physical exertion than others, but I guess that's why when it's a great run, it feels so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!