Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 162.

5 mile run this morning.  I warmed up with 10 minutes of Pilates, and a few minutes of walking before starting my run.  My hip was hurting when I first started, but again, it felt better as it loosened up.  Since my long run is only 7 miles this week, I though it would be a good idea to try to focus on having a better time on my runs.  I have been averaging an 11-12 minute mile pace on my long runs.  Earlier in my training, a 10 minute mile pace was pretty standard for my shorter runs (2-4 miles), but as my long runs have been increasing in length, my times on my shorter runs have gone up!  I'm slowing, and I'm not exactly sure why.  I feel like it's because I'm more physically taxed, so it's taking more effort to produce the same results that I was having before I started adding the strenuous physical demands of the 10+ mile runs.  I'm also concerned about pacing myself for the the long haul; I know I probably won't do any faster than 11-12 (maybe slower?) minute mile pace during the actual marathon, so that's what my body is getting used to doing.  I actually am not too concerned about my speed.  My goal is to finish the marathon, but I also don't want to be so slow that I feel like I'm just trudging along.  Anyone have any ideas for improving my times, without risking injury?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!