Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 168.

3 miles today.  I warmed up with 10 minutes of Pilates, then did 10 minutes on the elliptical, in an attempt to lessen the pain in my left leg.  Yeah, it didn't work.  :(  My hip/thigh/knee are so unhappy with me right now, and that makes me unhappy, too.  I did my three miles, though painful, and I am seriously contemplating taking this week off from running so my leg can heal.  I really don't want to, and I don't know if I can, actually, but I figure it'd be better to do that now, than be sidelined at either of the two races I have coming up.  I do have "extra" weeks in my training schedule, so I guess it wouldn't be too much of a detriment to my training.  I'm thinking about calling the local rec center to see if they have one of those underwater treadmills, because that would be perfect.  In the meantime, I'm icing my leg, and I plan to ice every couple of hours all day today.  Hopefully that will help reduce the inflammation that I'm assuming is causing my pain.  After my run, I did workout 3 from 30 Day Shred, and I only had to modify one of the exercises due to my leg.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with healing. I wish I had words of wisdom for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!