Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 170.

I woke up feeling decent this morning, so I went ahead and did an easy 3 mile run after warming up with 10 minutes of Pilates.  I wore the knee brace, and once I got going, my leg felt a little sore, but the brace helps a lot, compared with the pain I had been having.  When I got home I also did workout 3 from 30 Day Shred.  Now I will spend today continuing with the Motrin and ice, in preparation for tomorrow's long run ~ 12 miles!  I get excited about doing the long runs; each one is kind of an adventure.  :)

2 comments:

  1. where do you run on your long runs? DO you use mapmyrun.com or do you just run and follow your watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Rebecca! I just rely on my Garmin; it tells me exactly how far I've gone, and I can set an alarm to beep when I reach a certain mileage. A lot of the time I set it to tell me when I'm half way to the total distance I want to run, then I can turn around and run the same route back home. Then when I get home from my runs, I just plug my Garmin into my computer, and my run info, including a gps map showing exactly where I ran, total distance, time, splits, calories burned, max speed, ave. speed, etc. - all goes into my training program. (Software for which came with my Garmin.)
    Right now, though, my long runs are starting to get to the mileage that I'm branching out a bit. I have general ideas of hour far certain landmarks/intersections, etc. are, and a couple of "loops" that I enjoy that are a long distance. Like I wrote about on here a couple of weeks ago, though, it's not an exact science. So the week I was intending to do an 11 mile long run, I went too far out on my loop and ended up having to do 12 miles so I wouldn't take so long to get home. But, tomorrow is a 12 miler...so I know exactly what route I'm going to take! We also have the blessing of living in a rural area; lots of long, winding, hilly, country roads - perfect for training because I never get bored or lose interest.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!