Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 171.

Well, I did it!  12 miles ~ DONE!  I'm wiped out.  It was great.  I love the feeling I have when I finish.  I woke up at 5am, ate 1/2 a banana and some watermelon, took some Motrin with some sips of water, then did about 15 minutes of Pilates and dynamic stretches.  My run started out great; no pain in my leg, I felt pretty good for at least the first 5 miles.  After that, my legs started to get really tired.  It wasn't pain in the joints, as I had expected, it was just plain muscle exhaustion, I think.  I took some sips of water and ate 2 Lifesavers around mile 7, and just kept going.  In my mind, I was telling myself that if it was easy and pain-free, everyone would be doing it.  I also had to repeat my mantra (I am fit, I am strong, I will not stop, I am a runner), over and over to myself for the last couple of miles.  But after 2 hours and 20 minutes of running, I finally hit 12 miles.  When I got home, I cooled down and stretched by doing Yoga Meltdown, level 2.

2 comments:

  1. That's great. Keep up the good work. Do you keep a running (pun partially intended) total of your mileage? I use dailymile.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words! I use the computer program that came with my Garmin Forerunner. After each run, I plug it into the computer, and all my run info is downloaded automatically into the training program.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!