Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 204.

On the docket for today, a 7 mile run.  Because of schedule issues with my husband, I had to get up early and do my run at 5:30am.  Unfortunately, at 5:30am it is so dang dark, I couldn't see where my feet were landing.  I started out walking towards the route I wanted to take for my run, but I couldn't even see down the road in front of me.  About the time I encountered a skunk not 4 feet away, because I had to be that close before I even saw it, I decided to turn around and just run up and down Main Street, since there were enough street lights.  I was hoping to just kill some time there while the sun started to come up, but by the time I had done 2 miles that way and it still wasn't quite light enough to run safely, and I was getting bored, I headed to the park.  At least running laps at the park, I wouldn't have to worry about getting hit by a car.  I did a few miles at the park, but because I had spent so much time walking before even starting my run (I guess I was hoping my eyes would adjust to the darkness, but it never happened), and I needed to get home by 7 to get my kids off to school, I went home after only doing 5.5 miles of running.  Once the kids were gone, and my 4 year old was contentedly watching a show and eating a bowl of cereal, I got on the treadmill and did another 30 minutes, alternating running and walking.  Thankfully, tomorrow and Thursday are my husband's days off from work, so I can go at a more "normal" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!